Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Weight Lost Journey: Day 632-1 Year and 299 Days

OKAY guys, I did it-well, I did part of it. I decided on what new workout activity I will be doing for the rest of this month, and the winning activity is-a Hip Hop Fitness class. So, the class is a break down of the newest hip hop dance moves that are choreographed to the latest music. It sounds fun and scary. But I am sooooooo excited to try something new and out of my comfort zone. The other thing that I have been trying to do consistently is do more cardio in my regular workouts. So, now I am walking/running on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes (40 minutes on a good day, and if my favorite treadmill is not available I will use the elliptical for at least 30 minutes) and I do each activity on level 16 (increase by 1 level each month). After I have completed my cardio workout I will then figure out which body part I want to weight train (chest, back, legs, shoulders, and arms). Once I decide which body part I am going to focus on, I then decide on what cardio workout I will do in between the weight training sets. And I have to say that I have been making progress with my weight lost; I now weigh 224lbs and I am so happy about that. This year I have decided to embrace and love my body now (at my current weight). And the reason that I have chosen to do this is because the more and more I focused on what I want the more frustrated I became when I would fall down. This year I want peace and positivity, so I (me) have to bring them into my life. Please don't misunderstand me, I am still focused on where I want to be, but faith is now and God can't get me to the places I want to go if I don't appreciate where I am now and praise Him now.

Even though I am working out consistently and adding more cardio into my activity, the other part of the weight lost journey (for anyone and everyone) is the nutrition piece. I still believe that I should be able to eat things that I like to eat, but I have to remember to be mindful of what I am putting in my mouth and not go overboard with the foods I know cause me trouble. Because it's the going overboard that gets me in trouble. I have also started to add more veggies and fruits into my diet. I switch out my ice cream with fruit, so my fruit has become my dessert. But that does not mean that I don't eat ice cream (I make better decisions concerning the ice cream).  So, if you don't take anything away from this post take this-NUTRITION is KEY in Losing WEIGHT...... The reason that I say that is because I can run and do all of the activity that I am able to do, but if I don't monitor what I am putting in my mouth the activity will not do to much. I know this to be true because at the end of 2015 that is what I was doing and I was gaining weight not losing. Again-NUTRITION is KEY.

Well guys, my first hip hop class is this Thursday, so wish me luck. And I can't wait to hear about you guys stepping out of your comfort zones to get to the places you want to be in your life. Until next time.......

No comments: