Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Day 107

I have passed the 100 day mark on my weight loss journey, and I must say that the small changes that I have made in order to loose weight have now become a habit, and they are good habits. Since I have been on Weight Watchers I have become a little more aware of what I put in my mouth on an every day basis; which is really what I needed. I am so happy that I made the decision to join Weight Watchers, because I have learned, as well as seen, that I can enjoy all the foods I like to eat and still be at a healthy weight. I have also learned losing weight, or shall  say, working toward becoming healthy is really a mind set. And the reason that I say that is because there have been many days that I just did not want to workout or watch what I eat, but I can now hear the positive voice telling me do the work out you will feel better, or don't eat that piece of cake chose the fruit instead because you will feel better, and I always feel better. I also have learned that when you try to deprive yourself of something that makes you want it more, which would cause you to over indulge. The one thing that Weight Watchers tells you is to eat things that you like and don't feel bad if you eat something that is not on your plan (just pick your self up and move forward). And there have been many days that I have over indulged on a certain food (sweets), I felt bad for a minute but I got over it and continued to move forward. In the past I would have dwell on the fact that I over indulged and I would not have gotten back up from the mistake. But now I realized that it's okay to make a mistake, because making a mistake does not mean that I am a bad person it just means that I am still a work in progress.

So far I have lost 18 lbs, and I am 2 lbs away from my 3rd personal goal (20 lbs). I don't really see the weight loss but other people do, and I must say that I really like the positive attention. But that is not what keeps me motivated to continue because that type of attention comes and goes; what keeps me motivated to continue to move forward is my family-my husband and son. I know that they need me so it is up to me to make sure that I am around for a long time.   

If you are thinking about losing weight but you don't now how, my suggestion to you is to just do it; just get up and start moving and everything else will fall in place. Please share your own story. Until next time......

No comments: