Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Day 28

So guys, the last time we met I told you that I met my first small personal goal of losing 5lbs. And because of that I was able to reward myself with a new pair of workout shoes. So, this weekend I went out and brought me some new shoes.



I really like the color; if you did not know blue is my favorite color, and they are very comfortable. Now I am working on my next small personal goal, which is to lose 5% of my body weight (12.5lbs). And I have already gotten off to a bumpy start. This past Friday I was not felling well and I did not work out, nor was I able to eat anything. I just felt really weak, so I laid in bed all day and drank tea. Because I wasn't feeling well yesterday I did not go to my Weight Watcher's meeting, I slept in and tried to get some rest. And by me resting up I felt better that evening so I went to workout. Every health professional and fitness professional will tell you that sleep is important for losing weight, as well as maintaining a healthy weight; so I think the reason that I did not feel well was because I was not getting enough sleep. I am constantly working, taking care of my son and my house, and making attempts to take care of my husband, while studying for my upcoming board exams and making time to work out, among other matters that I deal with daily. I guess my body just needed me to take some time for me, and not feel guilty for taking the time needed. Feeling guilty is another story that I might get into at a different time, but today I want to express to everyone that we all need time for ourselves, time to just be, time to just relax, time to breath; and you should not feel bad about it. Because if you don't take care of you who will?

Before I end this post I want to say that in spite of me not feeling well, I still got a chance to celebrate me meeting my first personal goal which motivated me and pushed me to continue despite me not feeling 100%. So, I am excited about what is yet to come for me on this journey. I have already learned so much about myself and some reasons way I continue to gain weight, but God has more things to show me. So, stay tune because there is more to come....

No comments: