Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Day 22

Well guys I have been on my journey for 1 month now, and I must say that joining Weight Watchers was a great idea. On my last weight in, which was yesterday, I lost another 2 lbs which gave me a total of 5.2 lbs lost. I was so happy that I accomplished my first small weight lost goal, and I did it eating the food that I like, that I gained more motivation to continue the journey. The reason that  I am writing this blog is not to just focus on the highs of the journey, but to tell my truth about my weight in hopes that I can help somebody while I am on my journey. So, the question you all should ask me is am I learning from the jourmey, because when on a journey you should be learning something? Great question, and my answer to the question would be yes; I have learned two very important things. 1.) I have learned that when I am stress that I want to eat so I can feel better, and the foods I want to eat are sweet (cake, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, etc.), and 2.) I have to learn self control and in order to learn self control I must listen to my body.

On day 9 of this journey I was face with some personal challenges that caused me to be stressed. And because I was stressed I did not want to workout and I could not focus on counting points because all  could think about was the issue at hand. On day 9 is when I learned that stress was a negative trigger for me, and that in order for me to loss the weight and keep it off I have to learn how to handle my stress. So, day 9 was a very important day for me, because it opened my eyes to see some of my shortcomings as it concerns my weight.  On day 10 of this journey I found myself not eating what I needed to eat which resulted in me getting a headache, which caused me to just eat so my headache could go away. This to me was a lack of self control. I did not control my schedule to ensure that I ate something, which caused me not to eat throughout the day, which caused me int he end to just eat. This is a cycle that I have noticed myself doing since I have been on Weight Watchers. So, when you hear health professional, fitness professionals, and people in general say that losing weight is all in the person's mind they are absolutely correct. Because as you can see from day 1 up until now I have talked about what was going on in my mind which caused me to acted in a negative manner, which in turn effects my weight.

The bible tells us that as a man thinks so is he, which means what I think about will come true. So, if I think negatively negative things will happen to me. But when I begin to focus on positive things, positive things will happen to me. What I am learning thus for on this journey is that I have to get my mind right also. I can loss all the weight I want but if I don't see myself as God sees me then the weight will come back, and I might gain more than I started out with. This is the first of many breakthroughs, but I don't believe that this is the main breakthrough- the thing/matter that actually caused me to gain weight in the first place. That matter is what I must get to, deal with, and overcome if I hope for permanent weight lost.

Please share your own stories of challenges and how did you overcome them. Stay tune because there is more to come.

No comments: