Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Day 191

I am happy to announce to you all that as of yesterday I lost 25lbs (lost 10% of my body fat);  which means that I achieved my 4th personal weight lost goal. I am currently in a size 16, so I am down 2 pants sizes and I am so happy about my accomplishments thus far. I have a birthday coming up and I am so happy that I am the size I use to be, but I don't want to stay this size for the rest of my life and with Weight Watchers I actually believe that I can reach my weight lost goal. I my previous posting I stated that this month I would be answering questions that were given to me by Weight Watchers in an attempt to go deeper, and I have been doing just that. So far, I have realized that I am causing my weight gain because I don't believe that I should be smaller, and that is probably because I have always been a big girl. Me being overweight is a mind thing (I see myself as being over weight). What's funny is that every person that is over weight always say the same thing-I have always been a big girl/boy so this is just who I am. They come to accept their unhealthy self as how it is suppose to be. And this is so far from the truth. The reality is I am overweight (225lbs at a height of 5'7"), but the truth is I am born to prosper even as my soul prospers-meaning my soul has to know the truth in order for the truth to become reality. 

Question posed by Weight Watchers: What's limiting your belief that you can be successful? My answer is that I think that I don't have self control concerning certain foods (sweets), so therefore I don't think that I will be successful in losing weight. 

Question posed by Weight Watchers: How will you change it to an Empowering Belief? My answer is that I will find a scripture that tells me the truth about self-control and mediate on it until the word is embedded into my heart and changes the reality. The scripture that I chose is Galatians 5:22-26. This scripture talks about the fruit of the spirit and temperament (self-control) is one of the fruit of the spirit that believers have within. So, the truth is that I have self-control but because of years not knowing the truth about my spirit I believed that I had no self-control, so I gained weight. 

My ah ha moment for weight lost and gain is that it is all in the mind, and what you believe in your heart will become your reality-so I need to know the truth because it will make me free. I have to continue to dig deeper into the why behind my weight gain because I don't want to ever be this big again. Please share your thoughts and advice, or share your own ah ha moments that you have uncovered on your own personal journey. Until next time......  


Gift from Weight Watchers for losing 25lbs



One of my motivating factors-Lee A. Smth, V




No comments: