Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Day 177

I want to begin this entry off by saying that all it takes is one step in the right direction to get the momentum needed to continue to move forward, but taking the first step is the hardest part of the journey. One hundred and seventy-seven days ago I took my first step on my weight lost journey and I must say that I was a little skeptical about Weight Watchers because I consider myself a serial dieter (I have always been on a diet), and I thought that this was just another diet plan. But I can honestly say that I was wrong about Weight Watchers. It's not just another diet plan, it's a plan for transforming your life one day at a time. I currently weigh 226.8lb and I met my third personal weight lost goal back in July. I am now working on meeting my fourth personal weight lost goal which is to loose 10% of body fat ( down 25 lbs).

So, some may ask me how do you stay motivated to state on the plan, and I would have to say that my family and my God given purpose are the two major motivating factors for me. When I start feeling down I think about my family and God's purpose and how both need me, and in order for me to be around for a long time I have to be in the best possible health; and this will keep me focus on what I need to do. But those motivating factors are a part of my long term plans. When I need an immediate motivating factor I look to a personal goal that I set for myself, and that will push me to get up at that moment and go work out. That is why I set small personal weight lost goals for myself, because it helps me state focus and once met it allows me to reward myself and gain some gratification for the hard work that I am doing.

In this past Weight Watchers meeting we were given calendars for the month and on the calender there are questions and suggestions  that they want the participants to ask themselves or do. This month I think I will actually post the calendar and answer the questions and try some of the suggestions. I think that by me doing this it will help me go deeper into the way I gained weight. Please share your own personal journeys or give advise. Until next time.....


Reward for meeting my 3rd personal weight lost goal...





No comments: