Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Weight Loss Journy: Day 62

Last week I was given the task by Weight Watchers to reflect on my week. I was asked to go look at what I was eating during the week and reflect on how I felt when I followed the plan or when I fell short, and I what learned this week is that sleep is soooo important for weight loss. This pass week I really had to push myself to workout on the days that I was scheduled to workout, and it showed on the scale because I only lost .02lbs (which is not even a full pound). I also found myself not eating regularly because all I wanted to do was sleep. Even though I was not eating regularly I still made healthy choices, and I still made sure that I ate up all of my allotted points for the day. Many may ask why is sleep so important for weight loss, and the reason that it's important is because our bodies need time to refresh, and sleep is the time the body refreshes. So, when we push ourselves and don't get enough time to refresh our bodies slows down; which means that our metabolism slows down, and fat is stored. Think about it, when you are tried you can't function properly, your mind is not functioning properly, your energy levels are low, you just feel bad. So, if you are trying to lose weight but not getting enough sleep the process will be very frustrating because the pounds will come off very slowly. Even though I did manage to workout last week (which I am very proud of myself for doing), my workouts weren't as challenging as they should have been so the weight did not come off. Like I stated before, this is a journey, it's a process, and in order for the weight to come off and stay off I must learn from this process. And I must say that this time around I am being very honest with myself, and I am learning from the mistakes I am making, and I do believe that this will be the difference in my overall outcome. The last time when I attempted to lose weight I did it to gain attention from men, I wanted to be seen; but it was not a personal journey so I did not learn anything. This time I am doing it solely for me and my family, I really want to be healthy so that I will prosper and fulfill my God given purpose. I am not looking for attention from anyone, because I now know that that is not important, that is not want I was made for. So, because my mind set is so different this time, I am open to learn from the journey and gain wisdom that will allow me to make better choices and remain at a healthy weight.

Currently, I have lost 12.82 lbs (which means that I have lost 5% of my body weight) and I now weigh 238.6lbs. I met my 2nd personal weight lost goal on May 10, 2014 and I was so excited. The only thing that I really wanted at that time was a pedicure, so I got one and I felt alive and beautiful. I am now thinking about what my next personal goal will be and once I figure it out I will let you all know. But I am so motivated to continue on my journey because my purpose depends on it.

I am excited that I get to share my journey with you all, but I also want to hear from you guys. Please share your journeys because you never know who you will inspire.Until next......





No comments: