Monday, August 27, 2012

Going Back To Work

Well, my little man is now 2 months old, almost 3 months, and I have gone back to work. And I must say that it was the hardest thing in the world for me to do. But I would have never thought it would be hard. To be honest, I thought that it would be easy. Okay, I just had a baby and now I it time for me to go back to work. But when I am at work I find myself thinking about my little man. When I actually have to leave the house, I look at my little man and I feel so bad; I feel like he is mad at me because I am leaving him. When I leave him I am almost in tears; and then I think about my mother and how strong she had to be for me and my sister when she was raising us and that seems to clam me down.

I know that I have to work, plus I want to work; but leaving my baby is hard. Even when I go to the store I feel guilty because I should be at home with my child making sure he is okay. So, this is a time I really need my mother for some advice on how to deal with what I am feeling. I know he is okay when I leave because I leave him with his father, but I still feel bad. I feel like I am going to miss something, and that he might not remember me when I come back. But what's so amazing to me is that when I do come back Lee smiles so big and he snuggles up under me and everything is right in my world. This love, this love, is so incredible and emotional, but it is worth it.

I want to give props to my mother and every working mother out there, because even though you know what you are doing is the right thing for your child, it is also the hardest thing to do. If anyone has any advice on how I can handle my emotion please feel free to share. Maybe with time it will get easier, but so far it has gotten any easier. Until next time......



No comments: