Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chapter 2: Starting a Family

I am back and I have some news for you. What's the news, you ask? Well, I am pregnant but you probably guess that from the title. I am now 15 weeks pregnant, and I still can't believe that I am pregnant. It all happened so fast, and if you know me you know that I like to plan everything out. So, when my husband began to talk about starting a family, I suggested that we wait until January 2012 to actually start trying to have a baby. However, my husband had a very different plan and waiting was not part of his plan. So, in September I found out I was pregnant, and I cried ,and cried, and cried because that was not my plan and because I haven't accomplished the goals I wanted to accomplish before I started a family. On the upside, my family, his family, and our friends were so happy for us. And when Lee found out that I was pregnant, he wanted to tell the whole world because he was so happy, and that made me happy.

Now that I am progressing through my pregnancy, I have began watching TV shows like, "A Baby Story", "16 and Pregnant", and "Teen Mom". And what I have seen is that every pregnancy is very different, but I already knew that. I have also seen that many of the teen moms have to put their dreams on hold in order to be a mom, and that is what I don't want to happen to me. I have so big dreams, and it seems like they are being put on the back burner because of life. But then I remember what God's word tell me, I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me, and I regain my focus. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that the Lord has blessed me and allowed me to even get pregnant, because their are so many women out there that  cannot get pregnant. But these dreams and desires were given to me by God too, and He gave me these dreams and desires long before I ever thought about marriage and family.

Well, so far these are some of my frustration and concerns about being pregnant and becoming a mother. I will keep you all updated on my progress, and if you have any advise please chime in. Until we meet again.....

1 comment:

TOWW said...

Congratulations!! It is a world wind ride but the reward is greater than you can ever imagine!